Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rebooting nutrition plan with two week detox

Beginning Monday, I will be joining Joanna in a 2 week detox plan. I'm not entirely sure what will be involved, but I will be chronicling the process and giving you as much detail as I can as I learn about it. I believe I will be following a modified plan that will be tailored specifically for my needs as an athlete.



What I'm hoping to get out of this is some energy that doesn't come from coffee. I've been dragging a bit recently and I am 100 percent certain it's thanks to the downward spiral of my food choices. For example, at 5 p.m. yesterday, I set out to a late meeting for work and stopped at Starbucks and ordered a large soy latte.

Did I really need the biggest size?

Yup. Getting up at the crack of dawn to work out is not conducive to late meetings.

While at the meeting, I had not one, but three Hershey special dark miniatures. Did I need three? Clearly not, but they were so good.

I got home from the meeting at 8:30 and despite all the sugar and caffeine I just consumed, I managed to fall fast asleep at 9:30. When the alarm went off at 5 a.m., I had no choice but to fall back to sleep. There was no conscious decision to be made. My body needed the sleep. I had slept that night, but it seemed my body was too busy processing the sugars and caffeine to rest.

Today I am so tired that I have no idea how I've made it this far without a nap. I have a bike and swim workout on my schedule today that I will not be doing. I will not benefit from a workout if I'm too exhausted to really do it. Tomorrow is another day.

Basically, I think, the next 2 weeks will be spent rebooting my digestive system.

Here's to a new start... I'm so excited to start.

4 comments:

  1. i am, too!
    it is really interesting to see what happens in the first week....and yes, it will be modified for the athlete!
    this fatigue thing is going around, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way to scared to try a detox. I feel like I would be so hungry. Good luck and I can't wait to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna has a modified plan for athletes. You should check it out if you're interested. It'll be interesting and will certainly expand your eating choices. I am a little nervous, but what's a little challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Previlean will provide few suggestions to help you on your cheap and healthy Nutritional Plans .

    ReplyDelete