Friday, December 16, 2011

Asthma and a new bike

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. Sure, the weather is gorgeous, but it also screws with my lungs.

Wednesday night I started to not feel well. I thought, well, here we go again, I'm totally getting sick. In fact, I was pretty sure I getting bronchitis. Thursday morning I couldn't breath very well and I has a cough. Yup, it's bronchitis, I thought. I even tweeted it.

Turns out I was wrong - again.

For some reason, every time I have an asthma attack I try to ignore the fact that I have asthma and let it go until I end up at the doctor wandering why in the world I can't speak a full sentence without coughing or walk up the stairs without panting. I am truly in denial about this disease.

Anyway, here I sit, sucking on a nebulizer two to three times a day trying to keep my lungs open. Workouts will commence as soon as I can breath again.

All of this is going on when my husband bought this for me:


It's a 2010 Ridely Asteria. OK, I didn't get the whole bike, but I got the frame set. If you bought the whole bike, it comes with decent parts, but we're going to fit it with lighter wheels and better parts and I'm sooooo excited to get this bike together.

The fact remains that I cannot ride anything until I can breath properly.

So the wait is on...

4 comments: